Paediatric and Early Years First Aid Course
This 2 Day Paediatric and Early Years course is designed for people who are working or intend to work in the childcare sector. The programme has been designed to meet with the requirements of OFSTED for Early Years First Aid Provision. Additionally, the programme meets with the recommendations of the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 issued by the Health & Safety Executive for the ‘Appointed Person’.
The Paediatric and Early Years First Aid can be undertaken as a blended e-learning course, saving you from committing staff for a full 2 days from work. The e-learning covers 6 hours of training which means they only need to turn up for a further 6 hours (1 day) of face-to-face training.
The course includes resuscitation skills for Adults, Infants and Children. Candidates will receive training in a range of first aid skills.
Course content includes:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- Recognition of common childhood complaints and illnesses and appropriate care.
- Developing an effective emergency plan for when emergencies occur.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident in the workplace/care setting
- Course Date: 08/03/2020
- Duration: 2 Days
- Prerequisites: No