First Aid at Work Refresher Course
The qualification will equip the first aider with skills to be able to confidently undertake emergency first aid, if someone becomes ill or injured at work and provide effective care for a wide range of common workplace injuries and illnesses. First Aid at Work Refresher Courses consists of 12 hours/2 days of instructor led tuition, with emphasis throughout on practical application of first aid skills.
Initial training is carried out over 3 days.
Refresher training must be completed within 3 years of original certification and is carried out over 12 hrs/2 days.
The course is delivered in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice, L74 for qualifying First Aid personnel in the workplace. Candidates will receive training in a wide range of first aid skills.
Course content includes:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- The ability to recognise and treat a patient in shock.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.
- Students will also learn to provide care for patients who have:
- Suffered a burn or scald.
- Injured bones, muscles or joints.
- Been poisoned by ingestion or inhalation of a substance or gas.
- Suffered an injury to the eye.
- Signs & symptoms of a major illness e.g. heart attack.
Training Centre Courses
If you only have a small number of people to train in First Aid, or its just difficult to release that many employees at once for training, why don’t you book a place on our popular
open first aid course? We run the courses regularly throughout the year and provide lunch, as well as refreshments. parking is free as well! Plus you get to meet people from all sorts of industries and different other businesses. All of this for very competitive prices!
To see our list of available Training Centre Courses just click here. We look forward to seeing you soon.
- Course Date: 08/03/2020
- Duration: 3 Days
- Prerequisites: No